Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone cam across lacquer peeling off their Ceed cars at the bottom of the back doors near rear arches on 2007 +

·
Registered
328 Posts
Although I cannot help you directly ( I have a Rio), I had spot rusting around the tailgate boot and below the rear window.

This was promptly rectified by the dealer and I have had no problems since.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just checked mine.I maybe totally wrong, but could it be the transparent chip protectors at the bottom of the rear passenger doors?? What ever the case your dealer should rectify.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for getting back to me
Mine is peeling where the door curves out and has no chip protector
chip protector is only on the wheel arch
Its where the channel along the bottom of the doors ends and curves
out towards the arch and on both sides of the car in the same place
and is concentrated in that on area only

Edited by: kenpcman

·
Registered
20 Posts
You have two issues then which your dealer must rectify. There definitely should be chip protectors on the rear doors, as well as the rearwheelarches. Paint and missing parts are under guarantee.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kia warrenty have said no and i tried again and they say its just stonechip which is not covered.

trying to get a photo of the protection on bottom of rear doors on other ceeds but not managed yet

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Just found out that all new Kia ceeds have chip protectors on the bottom of doors and i am beging to think this is because of the problem i have on a june 2007 model without chip protectors on the bottom of doors

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car now getting fixed under warrenty,Many thanks for all your suggestions

Kenny Shand-www.disabilityhelp-scotland.co.uk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, so pleased that rectification is done under warrenty. Will you now have cip protectors on the rear doors as well????

Had a good look at the website. Your efforts are well appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paint work done but i didn't want thier small strip of protection.I found a company locally that put on clear grahic tape at £20 a side and works well and cheaper to fix.

Thanks for comments about my site ,its really appreshiated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts