Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm Dixey. I have a 2013 ceed diesel estate eco dynamic, up to a month ago I was getting around 495 miles to half a tank. This was from brim full, I don't rag the car and drive as economically as possible, since I had a full service this has dropped to around 350 per half tank. The car has only done 90,000 miles and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I use Shell or BP fuel, only use Asda/Tesco etc occasionally if I'm low.
Appreciate any help or thoughts on this. Many thanks.

·
Registered
365 Posts
500 to half a tank? That's insane, mine will only do 600 on a full tank!

Difficult to compare half to half though isn't? Hard to make a decent judgement based on needle position. You'd get more meaningful comparisons by filling it, driving for a few hundred miles, then refill and calculate mpg.

50-55+mpg? Nothing to worry about.
Sub 40 mpg driven sensibly? You got a problem...

You'll always get less mpg in cold weather as well. Check tyres, brakes binding, stuff like that can cause you bad mpg.

Nothing wrong with supermarket fuel either.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
1,014 Posts
Agree with Dubs 100% here; it will always drop in winter, especially if doing shorter runs.

But I wonder - a question for the diesel experts here - how does Dixey's commendable not ragging the motor and driving economically (I guess at slight throttle and low revs) square with regeneration of the DPF and the health of the EGR valve? To me, if either of these is in 'sub-optimal' health, they could negatively affect mpg, and could probably both benefit from a routine 'Italian tune'.

·
Registered
223 Posts
1.6crdi needs rpm of 1500 to carry out a regen kia told me. So you can do about say 55mph-ish at that rpm in 5th gear I think. Maybe the estate has a bigger tank but I'm the same on the most economical driving from a tank absolutely brimmed I'd be pushing it on the low fuel light to be near 700 miles - think I only managed it once. I don't like to do that in case it pulls up dirt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always fill to the brim, most journeys are minimum forty five miles. Once a month I drive a hundred and twenty miles to visit my friend. I have monitored the gauge over the last year and always return over four fifty on half a tank. I always fill when it gets down to half tank. As I say, this has only happened since it has a full service.
Is there any relevance to this is my real question?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts