Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have a 2012 C'eed and my front LED Running Lights have just started flickering. I have seen some posts which clearly list this as a known issue. Have Forum Members found that Kia will replace the lights under warranty or is this now down to me?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My late Cee'd Sportwagon (13-plate) had both headlights replaced under warranty with no quibbles whatsoever. It's a well-known problem on the 2012-2014 models and is sorted on the replacement units.

·
Registered
552 Posts
They'll be a warranty job provided there is no sign of accidental damage. They are a non serviceable item, so even if your service history is incomplete Kia should replace them.

·
Registered
717 Posts
dave1978 said:
My late Cee'd Sportwagon (13-plate) had both headlights replaced under warranty with no quibbles whatsoever. It's a well-known problem on the 2012-2014 models and is sorted on the replacement units.
I've since found out the issue is also found on 2015 models pre face lift.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had both of mine replaced even though it was just the one that was faulty by the KIA dealer stating they had a bulletin stating to change both if one was found to be faulty.Mines a 2013 4 Tech model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had my Ceed serviced the other week and mechanic noticed one was blinking so advised 2 new headlamps will be ordered as Kia advise both to be changed, just waiting for them to arrive now. Must say this Kia warranty is excellent as I didn't even notice one was faulty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kia mechanic found on my Ceed sportswagon, the offside daytime LED running lights did not dim when headlights were switched on. This was discovered on the annual service.

Kia dealer ordered a replacement new headlight unit which was supplied and fitted for free under warranty. Cannot fault the Kia dealer and fitted/tested in under 2 hours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. We have a 65 plate kia ceed. And our front led headlight has been flickering and now completely out. I've read on here that this should be covered by warranty, so hoping it shouldn't be an issue. It's going in to Kia tomorrow but wondered if anyone has any advice on if this is covered or if its down to us. Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After finding this forum very helpful when my LED daytime lights started flickering on both sides of my 2015 Cee’d when the headlights were on full, I thought I would leave a note to say that Kia replaced both of the headlamps under warranty this week.

No hassle, phoned the garage and was assured over the phone it was covered under warranty. Dropped my car off for 1/2 a day and problem solved.

As many people have said, it’s a recognised problem and thankfully covered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a November 2012 Ceed which I purchased privately last year and noticed that one light was flickering around christmas time. Unfortunately it had already done over 100000 miles when I purchased it so out of warranty. I found that Kia had recalled over 3000 vehicles in the USA for the same or similar issue and would have hoped that this would have been rolled out worldwide. Kia have told me that I need to pay to have it looked at and am understandably loathed to pay £1000 for replacement, as have noticed it's an issue now with both.

·
Super Moderator
2,158 Posts
Kia have told me that I need to pay to have it looked at and am understandably loathed to pay £1000 for replacement, as have noticed it's an issue now with both.
Hi & Welcome. :grin:

Before doing anything that involves cash.
have a word with your MOT person and see if it will be a fail.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had my drivers side replaced under warranty July 2019 which had failed totally. Just booked in the other side for flickering, hopefully will be sorted soon as its annoying me seeing it flicker not to mention to other drivers, can imagine it being distracting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just picked mine up having had the DRL "repaired". Sevice man said just a PCB was needed as a fix, presubabely fixing the non dim and flashing of the DRL when dipped beam was on.

Sods law that the minute I collect drive way and the TPMS light is on! Leaving for now but wil try the deflate and reinfalte tip posted on here somewhere.

This 7 year warranty is coming in handy, not sure if a good thing or bad thing at the point!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts