Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!I've just bought a used Ceed, 58 plate 1.4S with 23000 miles.

I noticed after driving it for a few miles that it has started making a slight knocking or clunking sound over small bumps, particularly at low speed. Does anyone know what this is? Presumably it is covered under warranty so I'll take it in at some point but just wondering what the problem might be and if its urgent/serious.

Also, I;ve only got a local key, ie central locking not remote. Im aware this was standard on 1.4 S cars, but was wondering whether it s possible ot upgrade - does anyone know?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I've done a lot more milage (70k) but I've just replaced my anti roll bar links ... could be that?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Sidehas I think this has been covered before and may be worth a search to read the posts. If I remember correctlly I think it was the drop links that was causingthe rattle over small bumps.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My guess is that its the anti roll bar link, one of mine was knocking and was replaced under warranty. If you get knocks when you turn the steering its the electric steering assist assembly. Again mine was replaced under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts