Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi please can someone help i have a pro ceed 3 it keeps cutting out after about 5 seconds of driving turn it bk on and keeps doing the same anyone no what this could be please

·
Registered
269 Posts
Unfortunately, unless someone has had exactly the same the thing with a 2008-2013 model, I think there's too many things it could be to diagnose.

So you can start it, it runs, and five seconds later it cuts out. Go to restart straight away, and the same thing.

How long have you had the car? What was is its owner history? How many miles has it done? When was it last serviced? Any lights on the dash before it cuts out? Does it turn over quickly when you go to start it? Have you recently refuelled it? Do you have access to an OBD scanner?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its had a obd plugged in shows no code at all no dash lights either i was told it could be fuel rail or fuel pump but the pump is showing nice pressure and when it cuts out it starts bk up straight away without struggle

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sorry, never had a diesel so I can't really help. But at least we can eliminate spark plugs or coil packs.

Does sound a bit like fuel starvation, and I guess KIA have a light on the dash if the fuel has water in it (hence my question about last refuelling)? But so many sensors on cars, particularly modern turbo-diesels, any one of which might stop the engine. Crankshaft or TDC sensor seem to be favourites on other cars (that said, you'd expect that to throw up an error code). An ODB scanner with live capability might help you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Could be anything, you need to get some live data from the car which would narrow your search down.
Mine had cutting out issues and was the crankshaft position sensor, but this is a guess in your case without any data or fault codes.

·
Registered
359 Posts
This indicates that it may be the Fuel Filter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts