Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ceed 1.6CRDI 89 2009

Just had my Ceed for 2 weeks but what I have noticed is that most of the time you have to turn off manually unless your going through a series of S bends.

Other cars I have driven, the indicators tun off when the wheel straightens but this Ceed tends to keep indicating-left and right, unless you really turn the wheel the other direction.

Is this a Ceed trademark?

·
Registered
86 Posts
It may be that the Ceed has higher geared steering than you are used to,and you are not turning the steering wheel quite as far as previous cars. As you have only been driving the car for two weeks you will get used to it after a while.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if I will get used to it because we have 2 cars and regularly swap between the two, its a minor gripe and not too annoying.

Problem is the indicator noise is quiet and the steering wheel obstructs the flashing light on the instrument panel.

I may lower the seat a bit to see if I get better visibility.

Overall quite happy, but it does seem easy to scratch and looks prone to stonechips too

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've noticed the indicators don't cancel all the time unless I've turned at least half lock. I've had the car since May and have got used to cancelling the lights myself.
What i can't figure is how to get the steering lock on! I've managed it once.

A word of warning. If your Ceed is in for a service and you get a Rio as courtesy car, take note that the controls on the column are reversed. I spent yesterday on the M8 changing lanes with my wipers going full speed!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems worse turning left, what I have noticed I think there is a slight pull to the left so the tracking is getting checked on Saturday morning.

The steering wheel doesn't seem 'level' if you know what I mean, so if the tracking gets adjusted (which should sort the wheel), and then the indcators may knock off better.

Thanks for replying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts