Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a 2007 ceed drivers side indicator bulb blown
. Thought no problem nipped down to halfords bought new bulbs + paid £2.99 for fitting, after 40 minutes of trying they gave me a refund for my fitting charge as they were unable to do it. Ive tried my self but cant get anywhere near it, operators manual appears to have wrong information. Is there anyone out there who knows how its done ?, or is it a matter of paying a fortune just for a £2.50 bulb

PS the model is a 1600 crdi ls

·
Registered
887 Posts
They are special bulbs for a start, make sure you have the right ones, look a little like a mini halogen, with a offset baynet cap.
To fit,. bit of a pain, remove the 10mm bolt you can see on the headlamp, now remove the plastic rivets from the plastic trim along the front where the bonnet slams, use a small philips screwdriver to gently push them in about 1/4" til the stop, now lever them out, remove the trim, and another bolt will be revealed, remove bolt and headlamp, swap bulb.
reset the plastic rivets before refitting by pushing the rod back out by around 1/4" it will become obvious when you try, they sort of click.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Audi's are worse.

A friend of mine had to put the car in the garage to change a bulb on his A4.
Cost was £1.50 for the brake light bulb and £40 to fit it !

what a joke....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Himmmm, now I understand!I suppose whenPeter Schreyer moved from VW/Audi to KIA, he had to bring his 'traits' with him. I wonder what other surprises are in store for us. Nonetheless, I do enjoy the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had my headlamp bulbs changed for free by the RAC, so perhaps they or AA will do the same for sidelight bulbs too?

·
Registered
487 Posts
unbelievable...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Great explanation murphwiz
I have just replaced my rear number plate bulbs - a bit of a pain as the best way I could see to do it was to pop a flat blade down the side to prise in the clip for removal.... Glad it's hidden as I've blemished the paintwork a slight bit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts