Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Cee’d 1.6 CRDI 2018) (JD)

Guidance required: before I start work, are the guide pins accessible without removing the caliper itself?
(For lubrication of pin and boot).

thanks

·
Registered
902 Posts
You could apply a dash of spray lube under the boot or on the ends of the boot so that it does not stick to the bolt and get torn when being rotated

·
Registered
280 Posts
Disc itself looks in a poor state, something leaking (staining on the inner side?)
Are your implying the calliper has seized ( uneven pad wear)? Then both slider pins need to come out. :(
The only way you are going to successfully clean & lubricate is to remove the calliper. I would also be checking the disc & pads for needing to change.

·
Registered
902 Posts
... removed without taking the caliper apart?
The guide rod bolts/ pins are what hold the caliper to the pad carrier bracket. What looks like a 13mm hex bolt head will be the pin itself.
Ceramic brake component grease functions well.

I guess you are disassembling to replace pads and disk, your hi resolution photo shows that they are well worn

Check here for the correct torques for Re assembly.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Well from context it seems that the OP is not attempting to replace pads/disc, since to do so will require removal of the caliper and that is someting which the OP is seeking to avoid.

To the OP: I agree with those who have opined that the disc and probably the pads are approaching their last. Removing the caliper is nbd anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts