Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2021 Ceed GT. After using the flappy paddles to change gear, is there a way to move it the box back into auto gear changes quickly? If I don't touch the paddles again for 10s or so, it goes back to auto but there must be a way to do that more quickly.

I've found you can move the main selector over to the right and back again but that seems like a faff. Couldn't find anything in the manual.

Thanks all :)

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
348 Posts
General practice is to hold the right paddle for a few seconds in other DCT cars I’ve driven, mostly VAG. But worth a try

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
there must be a way to do that more quickly. you can move the main selector over to the right and back again but that seems like a faff.
I don't understand how that action can be viewed as 'a faff' but your system sounds as though it is the same as that on my Optima and I find it a perfectly simple way to quickly switch back to auto mode from the very infrequent forays I make into manual control over gear selection.

For me, Hyundai/KIA's take on dual-clutch transmission inculcates a nice, relaxed driving experience while returning very decent fuel economy. If I were a' pedal-to-the-metal' kind of guy, I'd probably still choose a DCT with a really potent engine under the bonnet......or at the back!......although with the cost of fuel these days, economy is more important to me than the ability to go really, really fast.

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
385 Posts
Same box, different style on my 4 as it doesn't have the flappers, but I do use the 'manual' option quite a bit as a speed limiter downhill or to slow down for a junction or lights. Otherwise mostly let the box get on with it.
I test drove a GTL-S before I bought my 4, but when the salesman told me to 'boot it' away from a roundabout, I couldn't change gear fast enough with the paddles! Really impressed with the 0-60 time after my V6 Santa Fés.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts