Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just through I'd let people know of the problems I have with this vehicle which are actually very minimal.

I have had the car since September 07, one of the alloy wheels was scuffed and the passenger seat had a flaw in the stitching. These two faults weren't really a problem with the car as such the alloy was caused by the dealer and the seat was simply a flaw in the leather.

The steering rack has been replaced under warranty as there was a knocking on the steering when turning quarter turn to the left and also when going over bumps there was a clunk.

There also seems to be an evident misfire type splutter between 1600 - 2000rpm especially in 5th gear. Although there have been no faults show up this is still something that needs addressing at some point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the 1.6 diesel SW for 6 weeks. Super car but also have the misfire, flatspot, at 1700-1800 revs. Most annoying in traffic, otherwise no problem. Taking it in next Friday, 23rd to let dealer have a look. Will post findings, if any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Changed my style of driving a little and kept car revving a bit more and didn't have any more trouble so cancelled dealer appointment for now.
Dave

·
Registered
75 Posts
My SW CRDi goesto the dealertomorrow for engine management system software re-mapping. This 'hiccup' is a known fault and the software needs updating.
I'm also having the handbrake adjusted. It only just holds the car on a slope when fully on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adriano

Did you happen to know if there was any sort of TSB or reference to this software update? I assume that you too were having this misfire at around 1500rpm?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Adriano - I could have written your email as I have EXACTLY the same problems - violent "hiccup" at low revs and the flipping handbrake is damn near useless.

Got my SW booked in next week - hopefully the remap will help and they can actually adjust the handbrake...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you guys take your car in can you see if there is a version or somesort of reference to this software remap that they are putting on your cars? Mine has been in twice now and for this and they keep telling me that there is nothing wrong, this was at two different dealers too. Its really annoying me now, this is as you say a violent misfire and really bounces the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the misfire problem, but only every now and again. I've had mine to the dealers and they said they could find anything wrong. It's in for it's 12 month service next month so I'll mention it again.

I also had the crap handbrake problem, but the dealer seem to have sorted that now.

The only other problem i've had was the radio packed in, but it was replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey,

good points on the ceed, i get mine tomorow, just thought i'd say that the clunks you here when you go over bumps is probably just one of the suspension bushes gone, it will be under warranty. no probs. as or the wierd sound when you turn te wheel a quarter, that happns to my gnda's picanto, not sure it's anything to worry about mabye just the brake discs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi I have just bought an ex demo Ceed 3 months old with 1475 on the clock and just clocked 3000 miles, the handbrake is perfect, as is the engine through the rev range, what type of engine are you guys talking about? I have a 1.6 LS diesel (113bhp). Great car so far I will be putting thousands of miles on this one and it is the first Kia I have owner

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is the 113bhp 1.6 Diesel that can have problems, but it is quite rare. The hesitation / hiccup problem was largely fixed by a revised engine tune download. Your car should have that already if only 3 months old (but the dealer can check). In a very few cases owners have still had a (lesser) problem after the tune download. I get the impression that the driving style is an issue with those with a high gear / low revs economy approach being the ones affected.

Even rarer is the situation where the engine defaults to "limp home" mode after the first real acceleration of the journey. That re-sets by turning off the ignition and re-starting. It is caused by trapped air in the fuel system, and fixed by a modified design of fuel filter. Again, hopefully, the new filter should be standard fit by now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 1.6 113 is developing the hiccup even more now, still cannot be located. It happens from 2nd gear upwards at around 1800rpm, that is normal driving rev range and happens alos if you ease of the accelerator and then just lightly touch it again. I just put it down to bad design of the software, some vehicles are ok yet some aren't. I am waiting for something to go pop completely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts