Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if my rear hatch struts might be slightly tired.

I've noticed that the door never stays up at full extension of the struts but doesn't fall down etc.

Should the gas strut open the hatch at full height? - mine seems to open and stay at perhaps 5 or 6 inches below fully opened...I can push the door up to fully opened and the door will remain fully opened but does not go to that point itself.

Anybody on here replaced the struts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hiya just looked at mine 10 plate Ceed hatch,my boot opens all the way if I push it all the way,and when I pull it down in say 6 inch intervals it stays at that level,it even stays near halfway up!,does not bother me.

Ive replaced my sisters focus ones,they are the same really,not a hard job,make sure you chock it up with wood and have a friend holding,boots are VERY heavy without struts!!!!

·
Administrator
7,433 Posts
The gas in the struts are effected by cold weather.

Whatever it's a Kia or any other manufacturer.

I recommend you wait for the warmer climate and see if they work properly....9 times of of 10 they do!

Paul

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hiya just looked at mine 10 plate Ceed hatch,my boot opens all the way if I push it all the way,and when I pull it down in say 6 inch intervals it stays at that level,it even stays near halfway up!,does not bother me.

Ive replaced my sisters focus ones,they are the same really,not a hard job,make sure you chock it up with wood and have a friend holding,boots are VERY heavy without struts!!!!
Yeah I helped a pal replace the struts on his sons Toyota Celica, was quite an easy job really.

He'd been driving round with a length of a broom handle for years up until that point! :D

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gas in the struts are effected by cold weather.

Whatever it's a Kia or any other manufacturer.

I recommend you wait for the warmer climate and see if they work properly....9 times of of 10 they do!

Paul
I'll give that a go - really just wondering if the struts should take it up to full extension when the door is opened.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes as Uvox posted - things may well improve in warmer weather as the gas pressure inside the struts will increase with rising ambient temps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts