Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought a 10 month old Ceed Ecodynamic which was a dealer demo and has 8000 miles on clock. Didn't notice at first but it has a very noisy/rattle in the engine at low speeds through the gears and intermittent noise in higher gears when load is put on engine. They did a diagnostic check but no codes came up. They feel it is acceptable but are checking with Kia. Has anyone else had this problem as it is so annoying and appears to be a real problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
rex 01,
Haven't had this fault, but I read on one of the forums that 2010 kia models, sorry cannot remember if it is your model or not, were recalled due to the wrong crankshaft pulley bolt being used. The bolt was not fully torqued up, and caused the pulley to rattle up through the gears apparently. Anyway, it is worth a look to see if your crankshaft pulley is slack in any way, just ease it out with a screwdriver and see if there is any play in it. Oh, and do not do this with the engine running!
not recommended. Worth a mention to the kia garage who said the noise was acceptable, they would now wouldn't they.

·
Registered
662 Posts
CRANK BOLT RELATED TO PICANTO MODELS

yes some Ceeds do have a low down knock thought to be caused by the specific fueling at a certain rev range, whilst accelerating or labouring the enginesome of my customers have noticed it improves / disapears by useing quality fuel (shell Esso ) in days gone by diesels used to be so noisey no one could hear the knocks and rattles

you have to remember that diesels ingnite the fuel by compressing it until it explodes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, have had diesels before but not one that rattles like this, think I will pursue with the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts