Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Cee'd 3 through Autofinders last October and am still awaiting a delivery date. I had one delivery date of 23rd December, but the vehicle was taken back to the factory before it was shipped, apparently because it was the wrong spec. Is anyone else in the same position? I am almost at the stage of requesting a refund and buying another make. Not a lot of confidence with Kia, they have never been in touch with me once over their original mistake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think that that is one of the problems of dealing with an internet firm rather than a dealer.

Autofinders gave me a good quote on my Ceed 3 CRDI Auto but the delivery date was an issue. In the end I bought from a dealer 20 miles away for a net price, including a much better trade-in price on my old car, of just £300 more. I got the new car five days after making contact .

Fortunately I've had no problems but if I'd had then it's good have a local dealer to deal with.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think Autofinders only sell cars they obtain as surplus from dealers, they cannot import themselves. So dealers could just get together and cut them out or if the dealers can sell almost everything they import, why let someone else have it for less than you could sell it yourself.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
When I orderedour Ceed 3 SW CRDi last Augustthe local dealerquoted delivery as being between 8 and 12 weeks since I wanted a specific colour that was not in stock. The deal theyofferedfroze the price of the new car should any price increase occur (it did) and they alsooffered a decent PX that was also fixed regardless of the delivery time.Cannot remember the names of the internet brokers I contacted but they were all quoting 12 weeks and no one wanted to talk PX. One broker was insisting that the car would be pre-registered and they would keep the V5 for 6 months, a practice that is illegal. Car delivered 7 weeks after ordering, happy I bought from the local dealer.

Should add that you will be very luck to be able to contact any manufacturer since your contract to purchase is with the dealer, in your case that will be Autofinders.

A car would never be returned to the factory if it were the wrong spec, it would simply be either offered to you or sold on as normal. Autofinders appear to be telling you a load of rubbish.

Don't blame Kia in this case, blame Autofinders, its clear to me they are incompetant.

Paul
Edited by: suttonseven

1 - 4 of 4 Posts