Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
My 2011 CRDi 1.6 takes alot of cranking to get it started first thing in the morning,the pre heater goes out within a few seconds but it may take up to 15-20 seconds to start,once it's running it will start fine,any ideas please,iv'e not had it more then a couple of weeks and it's only done 26k,Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, the most likely cause of this is the glow plus and also on this model the electric live feed wire to the top of the glow plugs can crack and cause high resistance.. you should be able to pull back the plastic coating and check it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,Thanks for the reply,i will check it this morning once the heavy frost has gone,hopefully!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i couldn't see anything wrong so it's back in the garage where i bought it from,they can't find the problen either after checking the injectors and replacing the fuel filter,they did say that it might be the TDC sensor,at this point i'm about to tell them to keep it and refund me,any more thoughts from anyone?Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Good result then. I was very sceptical about the TDC sensor and was wondering if they had put it in the too difficult bin, but came good in the end

1 - 7 of 7 Posts