Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I usually keep car for long time. So I am wondering what happens to the Ceed quality over 5-7 years of use, considering the 7 year warranty.
  1. Does the car/engine becomes noisy?
  2. Do the door shut with same thud as in new? Is there any loss the 'quality' over years of usage compared to say ford focus or golf.
  3. What I would not like is a car with truck like noise, other porblems and the 7 years warranty is useless?
I am aware the new model is only few years old, so I do relaize the limitations in assessing long term performance and quality.
Many thanks,
S

·
Registered
226 Posts
Whats the oldest cee'd now, 5 years max? (guess) so maybe those owners are best placed to reply.
For me, mines just over 4 years old, done 34,000 miles, bought second-hand.

The engine is sweet, very refined, no noisier than when I got it, and no noisier than newer models AFAICT, revs freely for a deisel, more so than a french deisel (owned 2 in the past).

The doors shut just the same now as they did the day I bought it, no clangs, just a nice thud as you would expect. I had a 98 focus once for 5 years and I can honestly say that its doors never deteriorated either.

My only gripe is that the suspension joints seem to be a weak point, I had an anti-roll bar link replaced under warranty under a year ago because it was knocking and a similar knocking noise is starting again now, maybe a different joint, but nevertheless its another visit to the dealer. Probably a poor design and maybe newer models have redesigned, more reliable joints, that can be retro fitted to older models, thats common for a lot of manufacturers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
solarpower03 said:
What I would not like is a car with truck like noise, other porblems and the 7 years warranty is useless?
The diesel engine in the C'eed isn't exactly the quietest around, sure it's fine when you are inside, but ticking over on idle on your drive it does sound a bit like a transit van!!!

My neighbour came out the front door recently thinking she had heard her husband arrive home.... and yes, that's right, he drives a van!

·
Registered
536 Posts
depends if your going to be on the outside outside while driving it? As micman said its fine when your inside. My old passat was quiet once warm...BUT that also cost me over £4000 on injectors, clutch, flywheel, rear brake caliper...In 5 yrs!!! All of which would have been covered under kia's warranty. Hence me buying a kia pro_ceed

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Kia diesels are certainly quieter than some others out there.

If I start both the Rio and the Astra 2.0L diesel, you cant hear the Rio over the Astra.
Ok the Astra is not Common Rail (direct inject mechanical fuel pump) so maybe that also has something to do with it.

That being said, any diesel due a service will sound like a mechanics tool bag rattling around even more so once the outside temp is below 5c

1 - 6 of 6 Posts