Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Had a recent service and the dealer declined to fix the 'burnt out' accessory socket as its a common fault when people plug Sat-Navs in??

I thought it was 10 amp, the sat nav is under half an amp.

Are they messing me about, its two years old, main dealer serviced, no issues (other than this one socket going dead?) 52,000 miles now and very happy.

Time to change dealer/argue??

Any thoughts as to if this should/could be covered?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Dmcclymont and welcome, bit of alame excuss, what are you suppose to plug in an Aux power socket? any of the decent Sat nav's would not do that as they are flee power.
Possibly due to a a Kia report where aux socket's are being cooked due to a certain phone charging device made in China that had a fault with the fuse holder in the plug?

If its a common fault then the units faulty, and should be replace or modified as its not fit for perpose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I heard that the fuse was mislabelled in the fuse box. Apparently (from memory, and no guarantees) the aux socket and a "spare" next to it are swapped over on the plans.
Is it possible that your dealer couldn't get it fixed and just gave up? I suppose it depends whether the socket is melted or if it's just a fuse. (But I doubt it would be physically damaged if it's protected by a reasonably fast blowing fuse.)
Anyway, open up the fuse box and methodically pull each one INCLUDING SPARES to check for a blown fuse.
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts