Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New here, but I love car forums, and isn't it funny you tend to look for them when something goes wrong!

Bought a Ceed, nice car, but at 6 days old the boot refused to open. Lock car unlock car start car all combinations nothing.

Leave it an hours works ok.

Another time won't open

Anyone had this???

About to call dealer

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
887 Posts
Check the memory fuse in the fuse box, it's the one with the yellow plastic surround, pull it out and put it back in again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone manage to sort this
Did pulling the memory fuse work
I have the exact same problem 2009 proceed
3 dealership un helpful need diagnostic code
Everytime it goes to the dealer boot opens

Drive it away afew hours later it is locked again

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this intermittent problem on my 2007 Ceed, anyone manage to resolve the problem?

I want it done under warranty and Kia are saying if the fault is not present when the dealer tests it they can't do anything. I'm not done with them yet but wanted to know if anyone had got any further?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I had the same problem with my last car (Seat). The tailgate would intermittently fail to open - normally at exactly the time you really needed the boot! Took it back to the dealer when passing a couple of times, but they could never find the fault as the issue never happened when they looked at the car... Because of this they said the warranty would not cover a fault that they could not witness, or was not showing up in the ECU diagnostic logs. Eventually I lost all patience and went ballistic at the dealer when the car was in for a service and MAGICALLY the fault disappeared when the car came back, though the dealer said they'd done nothing to the car... Hmmmmmmm.... I reckon they replaced the boot release microswitch as the boot trim looked that it may have been removed/replaced...

·
Registered
58 Posts
On my 2011 cee'd sw 2 1.6 crdi,
on an odd occasion when my boot wouldn't open sometimes it hasn't been properly closed but enough to put the dash warning light out.
My cure for my problem is to press the boot lid down,
then it opens every time after that.
As I said it only happens infrequently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts