Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the Kia website last night and see that they're introducing/have introduced a '4' trim level above the '3'.
A quick run down the spec. lists shows that it has different alloys (10 spoke), a chrome grille like the '2', black leather seats, integrated satnav, folding door mirrors with integrated sidelights, reversing camera system and it's gone back to the silver dash and door plastic trim, rather then the '3' glossy black (so 2010 dahling
). I didn't spot a price list to see what sort of premium they intend charging for the new toys.
SDA

·
Registered
536 Posts
£15895 well that's what I've paid for mine. Minus what I would have paid for mats and a few extra freebees I would say it's probably another £100less. Not bad if I say so myself. Also comes with a different dash display a so called "premium" cluster. Heated seats and a more powerful 126bhp engine. I havent looked closely at the 3's internal trims but I could imagine gloss black being hard to clean and keep dust free? Either way I loved the interior of the 4. Must note though that I prefer the alloys of the 3 more but with no option to swap them.
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi RD76,
When did the '4' pop out, I never heard anything about it until I happened across it last night?
The gloss black looks fabulous when it's clean and polished but get a finger within 6ins and there's a smear. Presumably that's why they went back to chrome and silver for the '4'. The gloss black thing has become fashinable recently with car makers but it ain't practical that's for sure. You'll also have got rid of those funny tyre tread finish seats. I'm not keen on the look but they're comfy enough.
I've just looked the list prices up and you pay an £1800 premium for the '4' over the '3'. Makes the '4' version of my SW list @ £21,445. DtD can get it for £19,681, just over 8% discount. Mind you I got mine 8 months ago, at 15 months old with 10,000 on the clock for £12,000. 35% off the new price, a steal for an excellent car.
SDA

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh just realised. Mines a pro-ceed. If that makes any difference to the price? I'm not 100% sure about when the 4 spec was introduced. I'll be honest I thought people might have thought I was making it up as no one else seamed to have one on here so it can't have been available for long. I personally think that if you take into consideration what poor rear visibility the pro ceed has you have to have either parking sensors or the 4spec camera. I'm used to parking big vans and a long passat but even they are easier to park that when I tested the proceed for the very first time. So I think the money you save on the sensors softens the extra expense a little. Along with more (so no power box £99) leather seats ect. I think the premium is worth the extra. What I didn't like was the poor selection of base colours. All other colours bar White are £500 extra as they are all metallic. This the same as the ceed?

P.s you got a steal my friend. You also get the remainder of the warranty? Edited by: RichieD76

1 - 4 of 4 Posts