Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new to Kia I’ve just got a 65 plate ceed 3 gdi
It’s got the camera on the tailgate but nothing happens on the screen when in reverse (stays on maps) the parking sensors work fine just not the camera is there anything I could check and would that be covered under warranty?

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
Hi it’s on the tailgate below the Kia badge in the centre
Thanks. Just wondered if old owner had left a rear dash cam in.

I would ring a dealer and ask the question if covered.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello new to Kia I’ve just got a 65 plate ceed 3 gdi
It’s got the camera on the tailgate but nothing happens on the screen when in reverse (stays on maps) the parking sensors work fine just not the camera is there anything I could check and would that be covered under warranty?
Hello

It's likely it could be faulty and might need replacing. Mine became intermittent especially during wet weather, the image on screen would flicker but eventually it stopped working altogether. It turned out it had moisture damage and needed replacing. My local Kia fitted a new one and it's crystal clear again.

Philip

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello

It's likely it could be faulty and might need replacing. Mine became intermittent especially during wet weather, the image on screen would flicker but eventually it stopped working altogether. It turned out it had moisture damage and needed replacing. My local Kia fitted a new one and it's crystal clear again.

Philip
Roll on 7yrs of ownership & just outside the window of warranty - They know how to price OEM parts! Scrapyard or ebay ur only man ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.