Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I wonder if somebody could do me a favour. I’m locked out my Kia as the key fob doesn’t work. I’ve changed the battery in it and still same issue, when I try to unlock the car there is only red blinking light on the fob and it doesn’t unlock the door. If I use the key to unlock the door the alarm will go off. And here is the favour I need... I spoke to Kia dealer and apparently when you open the car with the key (previously closed with the fob) and the alarm goes off it’s enough to start the engine and it should disable alarm. Could somebody try that trick for me please as I don’t want to be stuck with a very loud alarm and not be able to do anything about it. Thanks in advance.

Kate

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Probably the battery is flat

Don't have a Carens but every car I have owned with an alarm opening with the key sets off the alarm and using the key to start will silence it. Yours might not start though but you will be able to silence the alarm. Anyway what choice do you have? Alarm will silence itself after a while (this is a legal requirement in the UK). Suggest that you have a battery charger or jump start donor all ready to go as you will probably need it. If you jsut leave it eventually the alarm will go off anyway when the battery completely dies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Turnup! To be fair, the battery is not the best, so probably this is the issue. Although in the past when the battery completely died, the car door opened itself so at least I was able to get inside. I’ll probably give it a go, as you said there is no other option..

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,

My 08 Ceed would occasionally not unlock with the Fob. Haven't got it anymore.
Open with the Key and the Alarm would go off.
It was either Key in Ignition and turn two Clicks or actually staring it and the Alarm would stop.

Sometimes pressing the Lock button and then the Unlock would get the Fob to unlock the Car???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts