Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving to France in February for a new job. I will be taking my trusty and reliable right hand drive 2008 Kia C'eed. As I'm moving there permanently, it will need to be registered in France and pass a French style MOT (Control Technique). From what I've read, generally speaking
it's not sufficient to rely on the stickers that go on your headlights. But I've also read some thread that suggest Kia lights are ok for use in countries that drive on the right. I've not been able to find a definitive answer as to whether my car will need new lights (somewhat prohibitively expensive given the age of the car). Does anyone know what the score is in relation to this or have any tips? Should I be hunting down second hand LHD headlights or will it turn out to be unnecessary?

·
Registered
566 Posts
The LHD and RHD Headlights are different
You can get used LHD for about £70 each on Ebay from various Countries

921021H000
921011H000

Can you get it checked over in France before committing? A sort of Pre-MOT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mcsport that's much appreciated. At least now I know the part number which I would have had difficulty tracking down. I believe your advice on getting a check in France is sound re. whether in reality the full headlamp change is absolutely necessary. If at that point I have no other option I will certainly go down the second hand route if I can source these.

Thanks again,
Jae

1 - 3 of 3 Posts