Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Retired and now Notsocontent
First things first is the vehicle under warranty?
The next question are KIA suggesting they will not repair the vehicle "Until they can see the fault" or is it the dealership ducking out of their responsibility and suggesting KIA don't want to know.
Have you spoken to KIA ? Customer Services, if so what was the reply.
You have a vehicle that is not fit for purpose and does not perform the functions it should.
In any event I would contact KIA on a direct level (COPIES OF LETTERS), listing al the attempts your so called dealer as made to put this vehicle back to an acceptable state no half measures or excuses.
Request a courtesy car and let them effect what ever work needs to be done before you contact Trading Standards.
I get the impression this dealer has no skilled technician that is capable of working on diesel vehicles , he should be honest and involve KIA ON A DIRECT LEVEL.
Looking at the date you first wrote, I wondered if you could update us.
I am sorry I could not reply earlier.
Speak to You Soon

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi,
First things first I would challenge the courtesy car thing just remind them about the EU the warranty should be EU wide.
I did ask about the ownership of the car, are you the first owner if so REJECT the car without delay.
Ask for a replacement without delay, if the situation then gets to a stage where KIA play difficult you have two routes to pursue.
(1) The SMMT Website is an area you should look at.
KIA are bound by the terms and conditions.( They are committed to the rules, with out exception)
(2) Trading Standards, this vehicle does not comply with the general terms and conditions that apply under the: Sale of Goods Act
By the sound of it you have given KIA every opportunity to correct the problem, notify your finance company about the problems, carry on paying for the vehicle but ask them to intervene.
Start pushing for the result you want, DO NOT DELAY ANY LONGER.
On your letter to KIA Head Office list the detail of your visits to the dealer and list the replies or action taken in order and by date.
Address the letter to the CEO, Recorded Delivery.
State in Your Letter You Will Give them 14 days and then commence proceedings.
All the Best
Keep Us Up To Speed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts