Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to fit a new door mirror. I believe I have to prise off a small triangular trim from inside the door. I have gently tried this, but with no sucess. Am I right? is there a particular spot to prise?

Door locks. My manual tells me that should the central locking fail, doors without an external key hole can be locked by using the car key. They show a diagram pointing to the rear doors in the vincinityof the child lock. I have nothing like this on the car. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to secure the doors in the event of a failure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes, usually most cars (as in models) have 3 little plastic tags on them which the secure to the inside of the door. You need a trim tool which will prise off the trim easier than a flat screwdriver. Then it will be 3 bolts/nuts to remove the mirror.

Note, if its an electric mirror, the wiring for it may be secured inside the door trim, which you will need to remove aswell to unplug etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ebonycarens said:
yes, usually most cars (as in models) have 3 little plastic tags on them which the secure to the inside of the door. You need a trim tool which will prise off the trim easier than a flat screwdriver. Then it will be 3 bolts/nuts to remove the mirror.

Note, if its an electric mirror, the wiring for it may be secured inside the door trim, which you will need to remove aswell to unplug etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts