Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm trying to track down a lead that will connect an Iphone to the head unit's usb/aux connectors on a Kia Ceed 1 (1.4) 2010 model. My dealer says that they only have a lead for 2009 Ceeds.

Anyone have any success doing this and/or know who the audio head unit is made by in the 2010 model?

any help appreciated

thank you!

mr p

·
Registered
144 Posts
It is the same connection for MY09 and MY10 Cee'ds as it its for mostmodels. However MY10 Cee'd 1 does not have the Ipod marking, which I am lead to understand means that the sterio has not got the software to interact with the Ipod/Iphone correctly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the new facelift Ceed SW 3 and have just upgraded my company car from the 1.6 LS CRDi. The iPod cable looks the same to me, although its a completely reworked stereo head unit, much better it think.

I work for a multi-franchise dealer who have the Kia franchise so i'll check this out for you tomorrow and post back.

Jon

·
Registered
57 Posts
nsmith1180 said:
It is the same connection for MY09 and MY10 Cee'ds as it its for mostmodels. However MY10 Cee'd 1 does not have the Ipod marking, which I am lead to understand means that the sterio has not got the software to interact with the Ipod/Iphone correctly.
from what i seen of the inside of the Ceed 1 it is the same sterio, and they can upgrade the software on the sterio to allow it to take iPods, but it probably will without the need to upgrade anything

·
Registered
16 Posts
The cables are different for 2006 - 2009 Ceed's to the new facelift 2009 - 2010 production. Or at least they have different part numbers.

SG Petch Kia have them on their online store here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Added.

I have an iPhone 3G which works with the old shape Ceed LS SW and also the new shape Ceed 3 SW. Even though it say's it's not compatible with the stereo it functions as it should and works a treat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update:

Just took the cable from my 2010 Ceed SW 1.6 3 and plugged it into the 1.4 2010 Ceed 5dr USB & Aux port. Plugged my iPhone into it and got the usual "this iphone doesn't work with this device" message.

The song list came up on the LCD screen above the stereo and it started playing. So the iPhone works exactly on the 1.4 Ceed 1 as it does on my Ceed SW 1.6 CRDi 3.

No software updates needed. The Ceed 1.4 1 was brand new still in its wrappers. Hope that helps.

Jon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts