Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this has probably been posted before however I can’t seem to find any, does anyone know where I can find an induction kit/air intake

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BSR kit has been installed and what a change!! So much more smooth and a lot more torque from what I can feel!! Well worth upgrade
21C2CAA7-1BF0-4CF2-A13E-BCD9469AE787.jpeg
CBF54123-3CD0-4E7D-9B99-97A541C1D21C.jpeg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got one myself a while ago, really makes some great noises and increased MPG which I thought was odd.

·
Registered
67 Plate ProCeed GT - Red
26 Posts
Looks fun. I have a Jetex panel filter in at moment. Is it worth the upgrade? More stuff to remove at service time?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I left mine in during service and MOT, my warranty is over next march however the dealer I go to are quite okay with mods, well to me they are

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks fun. I have a Jetex panel filter in at moment. Is it worth the upgrade? More stuff to remove at service time?
I still have a Jetex filter in a box upstairs, has around 1k miles on it, if anyone wants it? £20 posted seems reasonable, though I'd wait until new year given the way postage is right now.
To answer your question, yea the Optiflow kit is worth it on price alone, makes much more turbo noise and can hear the whoosh coming on boost inside the car, almost sounds like a BOV when letting off too, if you like that sort of thing it's great, it's a well made kit too everything fits without any issues or modding.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed the BSR kit yesterday. No instructions, but easily done. Just a couple of screws and a bolt. Looks neat and tidy in the engine bay. Initial impressions. A bit underwhelmed. Obviously it's not going to sound like a Subaru with a drain pipe exhaust, but on idle (as the car sits outside the garage as I close the door) it is quieter than the panel filter. The panel filter gave a bassier sound. Give it a rev and you get a whoosh, but it's not massively loud. On the road, with the the music off you can hear the engine sucking in all that cold air from the passenger side. Music back on, and it's hardly noticeable, except in the gaps in the music. Performance wise, yes the car does now feel smoother, even more (Bentley?) GT like rather than ST/WRX turbo nutter b*stard.

Initial trip back from getting a tank of Momentum, mainly dual carriage way at speed and foot down at every opportunity (for the whoosh) - 27mpg.

Worthwhile upgrade over the Jetex panel filter - not so sure yet. Lets see how a few more miles pan out. One will be on Ebay soon (probably the panel).

·
Registered
26 Posts
@Redfastback what screws did you use here as mine are loose and rattle a little?

My car is a lot louder than before with the Jetex filter for sure, I get its not as loud as a subaru but I still can here the whoosh and mainly the smooth pull.
I carefully reused the two plastic pins on those front two holes. I have a bag of them, as I broke one when I put the racechip on originally. There was no way I could get my hand in to fit the nut on the back of the bolts supplied. I presume you have the same issue. They rattle because there is no nut on the back?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, nothing to keep them tight, I have ordered the same plastic rivet things, so hopefully should be okay once they arrive.

However do keep us updated on your thoughts with the new kit

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cee'd GT (Facelift)
8 Posts
Yes, nothing to keep them tight, I have ordered the same plastic rivet things, so hopefully should be okay once they arrive.

However do keep us updated on your thoughts with the new kit
Where did you order them from? I fit a BSR kit and broke the plastic rivet but would like to keep some spares for the factory air box!

I've uploaded a quick video of the noise to YouTube in case anybody would like to hear it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts