Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2019 optima 1.6 diesel sportswagon gt line would like to know real world mpg and can you retrofit a cd multi changer in the boot that will work through the radio. I have over a 1000 cds.
regards qpr rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just bought a 2019 optima 1.6 diesel sportswagon gt line would like to know real world mpg and can you retrofit a cd multi changer in the boot that will work through the radio. I have over a 1000 cds.
regards qpr rob
Thanks for the reply's, those mpg figures are outstanding, my previous car was a xc70 loved the car but the costs were getting higher and higher only 27mpg £315 road tax 2010 reg 122000 miles but looked like new. Anyway we needed to reduce our outgoings now we are a couple of oldies so looking to the warranty and hopefully economical ownership.
regards to all
josie rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
visited a in car music expert and he told me that the cd changer will not work so over the many years I have gone from radio, in car box that played singles,eight track, tapes, CDs and now Apple, at least I understood the others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum, 'Qpr'.

As you have already bought the car, you will very soon discover the real-world mpg from the Optima over your typical driving profile, in the manner that you normally drive.

It's never a smart move to ask that question on a car forum as you are likely to attract responses from braggarts who will provide ridiculous numbers, unachievable to 99% of motorists in the real world. The Optima Sportswagon is quite a big, heavy car and those with the DCT produce a very relaxed drive once the process of getting the best from the transmission has been learned and mastered.

That said, with reasonably careful driving you should achieve satisfactory mpg from the car but perhaps you could return to the thread once you have had a chance to measure your fuel consumption and let readers know your average fuel consumption. The instruments may or may not be particularly accurate so brim-to-brim checks and simple arithmetic, along with your credit card or bank statement will reveal to you the truth about the car's economy.

I drive an earlier 1.7 diesel but the difference in performance and economy between that and the later 1.6 models is marginal rather than significant.

Good luck with your choice of car and I hope you enjoy the model as much as I have enjoyed mine over the last 4.5 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Indalo
thanks for replying and the advice I wasn't that concerned about the mpg my previous car was a 2010 Volvo XC70 which had done 122000 miles and was still wonderful to drive but the running costs were getting higher 24-29 mpg high road tax etc. It was when I read on one of the posts the 16mpg then I was concerned hence my post. I don’t pick up my car until April 19th approx can’t wait, I wheel let others know latter on what the real mpg is I only ever brim it divide into mileage.
regards qpr rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.