Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vehicle battery was replaced, so needed to put the code back into the radio.
radio now works, but not the CD - takes the disc in, thinks about it, then ejects it again. CD did work on the test mode before the code was entered though

guess the player's knackered, or am I missing a trick?

(1999 sedona diesel)

thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CD in the motor looks slim though - are they standard size would anyone know?

also, how do you remove the player - can't see any holes for pins like a normal radio.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They are a standard size, I swapped mine a JVC unit for another JVC unit with bluetooth and the keys to remove it were the same.

Mark

·
Registered
682 Posts
Maybe worth putting a CD head cleaner disc in unit and/or try disconnect and try resetting again.

Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kia passa said:
Maybe worth putting a CD head cleaner disc in unit and/or try disconnect and try resetting again.

Bob
I tried the reset button on the CD unit, and also disconnecting the battery and re entering the code, guess the unit's FUBAR.

really can't see how to remove it from the dash tho - no pin holes,slots or gaps..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mncollyer said:
There is a rectangular cover that clips on that covers the fittings to remove the radio

the front of my player is all one piece - have tried to pry it off but it's pretty firm. are they all like that, should I give it another try? don't want to damage the dash.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
given it a good prying - the front is definitely one piece, and firmly attached- sounds like maybe a different CD unit (it has a tape player/radio seperate below it?)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll try again - CD player and radio/tape are seperate units but do look a little slimmer than usual.
probably got to buy a crappy standard part at 3 times the cost of a good off the shelf unit...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts