Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife purchased a Kia Sportage 2021 from Cazoo. She’s had a few issues and took it to the local Kia dealer in Fife to get them to look at it.
they point blank refused to look at it and said they would never look at it.
is this the norm or are theguys at the garage just being difficult.

·
Read Only
66 Posts
Sounds very odd.

The dealer might have a history with the vehicle... Have you tried a different Kia garage? They might be able to answer whether it has had any warranty claims against it.

When did you buy the car? Cazoo have a 14 day return policy, I'd be making use of that if the dealers refuse to look at it... If not then you could consider rejecting as unfit for purpose as a last resort.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sadly Cazoo are killing the dealerships
So most will turn them away.
I had 4 booked in over the last week
Not one has turned up wasting time in my diary I could have had someone else in.
Also of the handful that have turned up over the last few years not one is ever warranty so then become a fight with them on who is paying for the repair.
But what’s your issues and I’ll see I i can assist?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ppf keeps coming on every two weeks or so
Now it only does maybe 50 miles a week tops
There was issue with the o2 sensor previously that was fixed by Cazoo. But the car only has 7500 miles on it so the ppf shouldn’t be needing to regen so often
I’m thinking the ppf probably needs cleaned out or replaced but Cazoo don’t want to do it so are telling me I need to go to kia

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
When was car registered? As may have missed 1st service (If done by Carzoo may not count as may not be done in line with Kia spec)

Re PPF. Take it for a good long run up a M/Way or D/C to get it good & hot and cleaned out. Seems PPF can be as bad as DPF's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
cazoo should have sent it to kia to be fixed as would have been under warranty they also could have then carried out a forced regen.
So could be that GPF needs a good run cycle to clear out.
You could try blasting it down the motorway in a lower gear and higher revs to get the GPF hot

·
Registered
529 Posts
Surely refusing to look breaks the Kia warranty terms?
As far as I understand it Kia can refuse to pay a warranty claim if its a service item that has caused an issue ie: wrong oil used causes major consequential failure etc, but for things like doorlocks / power windows / electrical gremlins and anything not looked at on yearly service the warranty still stands.
I guess a garage can say too busy this time but the original poster has had a flat refusal and "we will never look at it" which seems very strange.
Has it been changed now so that all items including non service items are only covered if yearly service done by Kia (or independent with full invoice of parts used)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Surely refusing to look breaks the Kia warranty terms?
As far as I understand it Kia can refuse to pay a warranty claim if its a service item that has caused an issue ie: wrong oil used causes major consequential failure etc, but for things like doorlocks / power windows / electrical gremlins and anything not looked at on yearly service the warranty still stands.
I guess a garage can say too busy this time but the original poster has had a flat refusal and "we will never look at it" which seems very strange.
Has it been changed now so that all items including non service items are only covered if yearly service done by Kia (or independent with full invoice of parts used)
so if the components that have failed are items that require Maintenance service example abs pump 2year brake fluid service. Then it won’t be warranted. Also could affect any repairs over £1500 as kia normally ask for service history.
Wouldn’t risk it.
Either get serviced at a kia dealership or if you are using independent then ensure all items changed are genuine kia or high quality equivalent and full spec of oil is on the invoice and garage is VAT registered

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
762 Posts
The ppf keeps coming on every two weeks or so
Now it only does maybe 50 miles a week tops
There was issue with the o2 sensor previously that was fixed by Cazoo. But the car only has 7500 miles on it so the ppf shouldn’t be needing to regen so often
I’m thinking the ppf probably needs cleaned out or replaced but Cazoo don’t want to do it so are telling me I need to go to kia
You bought the car from Cazoo and they are the ones responsible for ensuring it is defect free. Please take it back to Cazoo and insist that they repair the faults and if they are unwilling to do so reject the car on the grounds that it had faults on it when it was sold.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage 3 1.7crdi, 2007 Picanto 1.1
215 Posts
You bought the car from Cazoo and they are the ones responsible for ensuring it is defect free. Please take it back to Cazoo and insist that they repair the faults and if they are unwilling to do so reject the car on the grounds that it had faults on it when it was sold.
How long have you owned the car?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts