Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told the CAT on my car was "protected" to a degree by being behind a plate and up towards engine block

I have seen a thread on here though that suggests it is clearly in view and could be removed in seconds

Can I ask which is true please and if the latter is there a protector that could be fitted by Dealer

Many thanks to

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Lie underneath your vehicle and see for yourself... cats can be whipped off in less than 1/2 a minute and any guard fitted will be cut off at the same time just as quick

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,414 Posts
I'm afraid thieves only need a small lightweight trolley jack and a cordless reciprocating saw fitted with a hacksaw blade and, as Westcountryman says, it's a matter of seconds for them to steal a cat. They can be worth up to £500 on the black market apparently. Heycar say only Toyota currently sell bespoke 'Catloc' guards for their cars. More detail on risk and prevention here,

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
301 Posts
I think life is too short to worry about this sort of thing and indeed it's why we all have insurance too.

They are expensive but they are after all just a car and if you make something too hard to steal then you they will find an easier method that might mean they decide to go through you instead of your car.

Reactions: phil866
1 - 4 of 4 Posts