Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I am thinking of ordering a brand new kia rio 2, with £1750 deposit contribution. Will the 14 day clock start upon delivery? so just cancel it when I get home after picking it up?
The agreement starts on the day you sign the paperwork, which is usually the day you collect the car, although I've known some dealers like the paperwork sorted and signed a day or two before. When you get the paperwork the agreement date is clearly shown and the dealer will probably mention it to you more than once.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The agreement starts on the day you sign the paperwork, which is usually the day you collect the car, although I've known some dealers like the paperwork sorted and signed a day or two before. When you get the paperwork the agreement date is clearly shown and the dealer will probably mention it to you more than once.

Ok, great, thanks for the reply, very helpful. I am planning on withdrawing from the agreement within 14 days and paying it all off. Will all the contact details of the finance company be on the document for me to ring up and pay it off then?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ok, great, thanks for the reply, very helpful. I am planning on withdrawing from the agreement within 14 days and paying it all off. Will all the contact details of the finance company be on the document for me to ring up and pay it off then?
I believe the lenders contact information has to be on the documents, otherwise they are breaking FCA rules and could be fined. On mine the lenders address, web site and customer services contact number are on the top of the first and second pages.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yep I did this, picked car up on the Friday and paid it off on the Monday. Total interest charges were £9 and I kept their deposit contribution! Ive had the car 17months now and still can't get my head around the fact that after a couple of phone calls I was able to walk out with a brand new car without parting with a penny.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Realistically you will need to give them a couple of days to ensure they have the info on their computer but the 14 days starts from the date of the agreement.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts