Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone out there have white marks all over their interior carpets mine has been vacumed out 1 once a week since I took delivery last September there have been no cleaners used in the cleaning of the carpets

I have taken the car to my supplying dealer who have taken photos and are submitting a warranty claim to Kia so lets see what happens but am interested are there are any problems out there with carpets which now look about 10 years old
on a 6 month old car.
Any information great fully taken

Edited by: cf47_craig

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
its a regular problem, especially in the USA. It appears to be a talcum type powder lubricant that they use during construction of the car and its interior. On some it can be vacuumed off - on others the carpets have been replaced. Let the dealer sort it out as you are doing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
News from the dealers Kia have authorized replacement carpets under warranty the only thing is they have to order them from Korea but at least they are being changed the dealer will supply a courtesy car for the warranty claim

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Craig, Griffin Mill got a nice pink Fiat 500 they lend out as a courtesy car so i'll keep my eyes open LOL.
Sorry I've not been around boys & girls, being kept busy with building work, insurance companies & not wanting to get out of the car once i'm innit. Lucy's now done close to 3k since Nov and love her as much as the day I had her. A chap came on to me last night after parking her up and I spent the next 10 mins telling him to go and get one.

BFN

Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the car has gone in for its new carpets.The only problem was the courtesy car run out of petrol on my way to the garage only 1 mile away , as the car is a mobility car and my walking ability is terrible . I had to call my son to come with petrol so was stranded  not very good customer service from a main dealer in Pontypridd

Edited by: Dano

1 - 9 of 9 Posts