Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 68 plate Optima Sportswagon 3. Between the rear seats and the retractable parcel shelf there is a 3 inch gap. It look like there is something missing. My friend has got a BMW 5 series which has a restractable divider which clips to the roof of the car, separating the cabin from the boot.
Does anyone who has the sportswagon have one of these? Have the dealers not provided me with one?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Does anyone who has the sportswagon have one of these?
Welcome to the forum, 'Crabbers29'.

The Sportswagon does not come with a retractable vertical net behind the rear seats as standard. If you want one, you could ask at your local KIA dealership if they can supply one. Alternatively, you may wish to contact KIA Customer Support (KCS) on this forum and enquire whether the part is available in the official KIA accessories catalogue for the Sportswagon.

My previous estate car, the Hyundai i40 Tourer, sister model to the Sportswagon, was equipped with a vertical net but I never once used it in almost 5 years of ownership. The rear seats in that car had a two -position squab which, in the more upright position, left a gap of a couple of inches or so between the seat backs and the retractable load cover. In the alternative, more reclined, position, the gap was closed.

Even in the case of the top-of-the-range Sportswagon, the GT-Line S, which is very generously equipped with gadgets and gizmos, the vertical net is not supplied as standard.

The Sportswagon is an excellent car and I hope yours gives you as much pleasure as mine has given me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have just bought a 68 plate Optima Sportswagon 3. Between the rear seats and the retractable parcel shelf there is a 3 inch gap. It look like there is something missing. My friend has got a BMW 5 series which has a restractable divider which clips to the roof of the car, separating the cabin from the boot.
Does anyone who has the sportswagon have one of these? Have the dealers not provided me with one?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273512982604

This is a generic divider which I bought last year for my Sportswagon.

My recollection is that the Kia part was far too expensive.

The divider is extremely useful when my car is loaded to the gunnels, particularly from a safety point of view for any back seat passengers.

Once you have fitted it for the first time, it is relatively easy to assemble and put in place.

The main point of fixing is around the rear headrest posts.

The link I have provided may now be out of date, but I am sure there will be other generic products out there in the same price range and which will be perfectly adequate.

I did have the proper manufacturers part for my previous Toyota Avensis Tourer which fitted perfectly in the gap which you describe in your post. That cost over £100 11 years ago but I am still trying to sell it now that I no longer have the car! To me it is an important bit of kit for this particular model and perhaps Kia are missing a trick by not pricing the part more realistically.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The divider net came as standard on my MY18 Optima SW PHEV, it is quite useful when the puny little boot is filled to the top.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The divider net came as standard on my MY18 Optima SW PHEV, it is quite useful when the puny little boot is filled to the top.
Puny? really? My GT Line S was huge - is the battery taking up space?

Think this cargo net is a standard item on the face-lift 2018 onwards models

·
Registered
59 Posts
Puny? really? My GT Line S was huge - is the battery taking up space?

Think this cargo net is a standard item on the face-lift 2018 onwards models
Yes the battery makes the boot quite a bit smaller, it raises the bottom and all the extra equipment is on top of the floor since there is no storage space below it.

My car isn't the Facelift, its the "original" PHEV. I believe the facelift is the MY19 and onwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts