Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to remove the wiper motor from my carens to check why it wont park [re my older post] so my question is has anyone here done it or who can clue me on just which side it is and what needs removing to get at it, bets are i will probably need to fit a new one and since ive had the new cambelt fitted it dont start as good [any pipes or wires to check]its like the fuel is dropping back but its ok hot can the pump timing slip ?
it was fine before

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agreed with davy, the motor is usually help on with 3 or 4 bolts. you will need to remove the wiper arms before you can remove the scuttle panel. Then it should be a block connector and a few bolts to remove.

Did you fit the timing belt or a garage?? If a garage did it, then take it back to them as it will be their fault. if you did it, strip the timing covers back and make sure everything lines up properly. I dont know much about these kia's yet as i only bought mine last week, but if it has a timing sensor fitted and its in the wrong place it will be hard to start and run the engine which will do more damage than good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hiits fitted with a high pressure diesal pump so timing on pump dose not matter only on camshaft and crank still worth checking but if timing was out even by one tooth cause a world of problems if not poss get injector check as they can leak of to much and cause poor starting if fitted by garage i would say take back and get them to check what they done.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all for advice re wipers and pump i have had a word with the mechy who fitted the belts i have known him for years and he said he checked everything before putting covers on, the car runs ok doesnt smoke at all, it may be coinsidence ive just done 252 mls and put in 33ltrs so thats under 40 mpg. im getting to like this car even with the vibration at 1600revs it changes gear ok no probs [added extra on carens!!]my dog loves it as she has so much room behind the seats and its easy to clean up when she drools and honks as she dont travel well

·
Registered
23 Posts
funny, now my front wipers have packed in completely. Quoted £157 for a new motor from the dealer!!! and that was just the part! Need to strip mine down now to find the problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hard luck chap, i havent done mine yet april was good to us with no rain in torbay ,but its coming down today have you tried fuse or relay before pulling the motor out?i wonder if the motor is the same as a mainstream make ,could find a good 2nd hand one perhaps someone on here knows?

·
Registered
23 Posts
not worked mine out yet. its only blowing the fuse at the mo, and the weird thing is that the front wiper fuse blows when i operate the REAR wiper!!! strange!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts