Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I'm new here, got no reply on the Newbie threads so guess I should post here.

I recently bought an 05 reg CRDI 2.0 LE, it's great but I have one problem. I know this has been discussed in previous threads but my seat seems a little different.

The pullstrap to lower the rear seat back (off side) is missing, unlike info on other threads, it is located in the back restabout a quarter of the way up from the seat cushion (leather seats). I would be grateful forany guidance on fixing, also a way ofreleasing in the mean time.

Hope to hear from someone, even if you can't help!

All the Best

Howard

·
Registered
120 Posts
I dont know if the leather seats are any different, but this thread http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic506.htmlis how it's fixed on the cloth seats....I would imagine the seats have the same internal mechanism, so all you need to do is work out how the leather covers are fitted so you can get in there- good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, sorry it's a while since you asked but I've only just registered here. I have just bought a 54 reg Carens and had the same problem. I think it would be a big job to remove the seat cover and replace the strap so I made a long hook out of a wire coat hanger. The mechanism seems to be operated by pulling a wire which runs horizontally, situated towards the back of the inside of the seat back. If you put the hook through the vertical 'strap hole' and pass it backwards you will come across the wire. Put the hook round it, give it a tug and the back of the seat will fold down. Just be careful when you bring the hook back out of the hole so that you don't catch the foam inside the seat. Hope this helps, it works for me and is a lot cheaper than having the seat re-upholstered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi dtdog1

Thanks for taking the time to post this info, I'm just about to have a go, hence hadn't been back to the forum for a while.

Cheers

Howard

·
Registered
18 Posts
the handle came away in mine (not leather) the upholstery unclipped on the back/side on inspection found the lazer cut metal was so sharp it cut through the strap so i attached a metal key ring loop re sewed the strap and then reattached the metal hoop to the pull arm of the mechanics of the chair works fine and means shouldn't cut the strap saved a sh*te load of cash that the dealer wanted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts