Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've done the Newby bit & found the Carens bit... You comments please... 2004 Carens 1.8 just bought for daughter. Queries...Gear change has overly sloppy movement , like stirring a walking stick in a bowl of stew...Have the Bias springs gone, or are they all like this??? Overpowered steering.. the slightest movement causes change of direction..doesnt move in a straight line without constant steering adjustment. Oh & while I'm at it what would the recommended tyre pressures be??
I'll tell her about this site & try & get her to join in herself , but she's a bit of a busy mom!!

Thanks in advance & I'll Post again soon.......

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Six Speed, I run a 2003 Mk2 Carens Auto,and yes the steering is very light, constant adjustment is needed if the winds blowing or even for the slightest camber on the road, so happen thats fairly normal, just a matter of getting used to it. Re tyre pressure, I run mine at 32 lb all round, have done since the car was new and averaged 20 odd thousand on a set oftyres. Have heard that its not unusual for the manual gear stick to slop a bit, not a problem on my auto. Cheers Gasman.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick reply Gasman!! I'll relay this info to Daughter & get her to check her tyres.I think she is pretty pleased with the Carens generally, It was low milage & I didnt pay a lot for it, plus it seems pretty well screwed together.

I really like the boot area , the cubby boxes & the underfloor liner& a power point. You would have thought they would have done something like this in my Jeep Patriot , but they didnt. Its a4x4 & ground clearance may have prevented it.

Thanks once more ......Pete....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Six Speed, Glad to help & I hope your daughter enjoys here Carens. As you say they are well screwed together, where it matters. Cheers Gasman.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gasman --she has allready bought New Mats & steering wheel cover & some of those seat belt cushion thingys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts