Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
bobnlol said:
Have experienced my Carens pulling to the left from brand new.  Anyone else found the same?

Yes indeed I have and a b... nuisance it is too (2007 model). The problem according to wheel alignment experts is related to how the front subframe has been aligned to the body (chassis). The entire subframe has to be relocated to sort this out.

A workaround has been to tweak alignment to reduce the pull, but it is still there, just not so bad. Bad after sales service meant that I had too much trouble getting the agent to be intelligent about this.

I also find that the Carens is very prone to road camber steer and tends to drift off line very easily.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I take it everybody here has checked all the obvious stuff or is this a generic problem that developed. I just bought mine two days ago and is runnung like a wee sweetie. 58 plate CRd 2.0D.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine is about 3 degrees right hand down on a flat road. But that suits me fine, Means i can rest my arm on the door card!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently had tyres and the nut was crossthreaded, got my garage to renew etc but since then i have had my kia pullingb to the left, and its a pain. i have had the wheels swapped around, tracking done etc but it still pulls to the left. i have bumped the right side wheel against the kerb offsetting something and this has helped enourmously. my kia also wanders now as if the tyres are not grippng the road properly the steering like " Floats ", am waiting for sunnier days to sort problem out completely until then its very frustrating and am thinking of selling the car because of this problem

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi chap
sounds like you have knocked the anti roll bar bush about or you have a snapped one this will cause rolling, wondering, Replaced both of mine earlier this year, sorted alot of silly groans and near side pulling out it was picked up on its mot,Got an advisory,
hope that helps,Sorted some of the outside tyre wear out to.
hope that helps
all the best col

1 - 8 of 8 Posts