Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs Rusty's Carens is going to be needing a clutch soon...if anyone's done one before, what's the easiest way?
Is it gearbox out from below (it looks tight), or is it easier to just hoist the engine/box out complete? It looks easiest and quickest that way, but I'd like to know if anyone's done it either way and how it went. Cheers!Edited by: mr rusty

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just spent best part of 9 hours just getting the box out i did it from below there are some pigs of nuts to get to
The selector cables are difficukt to prize out
The bellhousing was difficult to get off the shaft
I have got 7-8 hours to put it all back together tomorrow
I actually phoned burrows kia in barnsley for a price whilst halfway through today and was quite shocked when they told me it would be £456 all in for them to do the clutch

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I didn't bother in the end,Yesterday I gave a local back street chap £250 plus the clutch kit and he had it up on the four post and done by the afternoon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just had ours done by a local garage (car has 110k on the clock) - £340 all in which I thought was very reasonable.

Steve

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
don't think they have a dmf on that one, they were always very noise transmissions on tick over,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts