Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 04 Kia Carens and have to set the heater to max and the fan to full to feel enough warmth on cold days. When it was new it was enough to set heater to half way and fan to II. The motor blows as fast as before but the warmth is not as hot as it used to be. I thought there may be an air filter that needs replacing. I have taken the glove box out to check but cannot see a filter. With 83000 fault free miles I am very pleased with the car and want to keepit, but would like the heater to work more efficiently.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Theres a pollen filter behind the glove box, small rectangle panel you need to unclick and pull 2 filters out, one comes out straight other needs sliding over to the open space.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You are not on your own mine is the same, I will try the pollen filters however I am not shure why their is not a great amont of heat when recirulating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The filters are standing upright facing away from you behind a black plastic cover which unclips. mine is a 53 reg, great car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
can someone explain how i remove the glovebox plz its a carens 20ltr 05 plate , mines simlar prob get hotish eventually but not much air cummin through the vents, takes ages to get hot

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
in winter you can blank off half of the radiator, the same rad is used for hot climates and so in a cold environment it is being cooled more than required, the thermostat can cope but you can help it by reducing the surface area of the rad in winter,

·
Registered
120 Posts
To remove the glovebox you just open it, and pull it sharply up towards you...don't be frightened to pull hard, it won't break but it does unclip with a bang, empty it first or you'll be wearing the contents.

The pollen filters are behind, positioned vertically, one on top of the other, end on. Unclip the plastic strip that holds the top one in, slide it out, then lift and slide out the next one underneath.

Its all pretty obvious once the glovebox is out, don't cover half the rad, that sort of thing worked forty years ago but is pointless today and would probably do more harm than good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts