Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning folks,
the wipermotor on the front of my 2004 kia carens has stopped working, i have replaced the fuse and all was well, now it has stopped again the fuse is ok but i have changed it just in case, i swapped the fuse from the rear wiper but the rear wiper still works without the fuse in place,

is the instruction sticker inside the car wrong on the fuse box cover, i asked peterborough kia

but they do not have a wiring diagram for this car so could not help but they will try and get a copy.

any ideas before i remove the motor and wiper stalk/switch to check for other faults.

griff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have checked the fuses and from the switch or to the switch they are live, there is a live feed to the motor which goes on and off with the switch/stalk but there is no life in the motor, so next i took a live 12 volt to the motor live side and a negative to the casing and the block connector, but with no luck so i will now strip the motor to see if it has siezed and at the same time check the arms from the motor to the wiper arms to see if they are moving ok.
after this i will have to locate a secondhand motor, hopefully the sticker on the motor has the correct part number on it.

griff.

a little later on that day, all the magnets around the motor [windings] are now free floating and attached to the rotor and are breaking up so it's finished the outside casing came off leaving the magnets in place then the rotor pulled out from the drive so it's nackered, out with the wallet,

you will never get this problem with a kawasaki.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£35 LATER E-BAY AND A SECONDHAND MOTORINC POSTAGE ALL IS WELL AGAIN,

SIX YEARS IS EARLY FOR ELECTRICAL FAULT EXCEPT FIATS OF COURSE, FINGERS CROSSED

FROM NOW ON. NOT TO HARD TO WORK ON STRIPPED AND REPLACED IN UNDER TWO HOURS.

GRIFF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts