Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a second Hand late December 66 reg --one of the last Carens 1.7 diesels 18 months ago. Been pleased so far but for the Fuel consumption higher than expected about 33 MPG -- However of late had an electrical / electronic problem. Been finding it unlocked and with a discharged battery which was replaced 11 months ago .Now sometimes its showing the door not shut on display and the interior lights on with engine running or stationary without the key in place.
If the door is not displaying shut then it will not lock although the door was shut properly. So now it takes it on itself intemittently to show the door open, switch the interior lights on and unlock itself say overnight leaving me with a discahrged battery. No problem can be found so I now have a 4 year old car with 28K on the clock. I Sprayed the switch in the door with WD40 which is flicking into place properly ---- Had a previous Carens 2 litre model for 9.5 years with no problems at all. -- frustrated -- I cannot trust will start or stay locked.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts