Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can this filter be removed easily, first impressions are that it cant, however have noticed i can get my hand on it from underneath, and hopefully if loosened it will come off and the new one put on the same way,,, dont really want to be dismantling the engine,,, never get a lot of time and reckon i have only a hour to do this????,,, any advice please would be mega

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mk2 or Mk3 Carens?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mk 2,,, and i think i have got there,, took me all day in the end,,, filter came out through the top and new one in through the bottom???????????? thanks,, still like to know how its done mind

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry, if I'd read this the other day I could have saved you some time...........but for next time, just unbolt the coolant header tank and move it out of the way, it's only a minute and a couple of bolts, and you'll have all the space you need to get your hand in.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks Mr Rusty, beat me too it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers guys anyways,,,, did it like i said eventually,,,, next job timing belt and other belts and pullies,,,, now that looks like a major job~?

·
Registered
4 Posts
just changed mine on carens 2009 cdrt Non an easy job in fact very fiddly

1. Remove the engine cover 4 m10 bolts
2. Remove the bolt holding the air con pipe (lhs rear corner of the engine)
the pipe has flexible pipes either side so it can be moved out of the way
3. Remove the rubber intercooler pipe
2 spring clips which need to clamped together with pliers. Mine were fitted the
difficult to get at way of course but they will rotate if you push the right end of the clip.
4 You need to remove the 2 small pipes bolted to the back of the cam cover '
To get at these you need to disconnect all the electrical plugs on the harness clipped to the
pipe mountng bracket push the fixing clips out of the bracket and swing the harness
over to move it out of the way.
5 You can now get at the 3 m10 bolts holding the harness and pipe mounting bracket
with this moved out of the way its possible to gain access to the filter.
It will come out from the top quite easily

·
Registered
40 Posts
stevelaf50 said:
just changed mine on carens 2009 cdrt Non an easy job in fact very fiddly

1. Remove the engine cover 4 m10 bolts
2. Remove the bolt holding the air con pipe (lhs rear corner of the engine)
the pipe has flexible pipes either side so it can be moved out of the way
3. Remove the rubber intercooler pipe
2 spring clips which need to clamped together with pliers. Mine were fitted the
difficult to get at way of course but they will rotate if you push the right end of the clip.
4 You need to remove the 2 small pipes bolted to the back of the cam cover '
To get at these you need to disconnect all the electrical plugs on the harness clipped to the
pipe mountng bracket push the fixing clips out of the bracket and swing the harness
over to move it out of the way.
5 You can now get at the 3 m10 bolts holding the harness and pipe mounting bracket
with this moved out of the way its possible to gain access to the filter.
It will come out from the top quite easily

I only needed to do 1 & 2 of the above, no problem getting at the filter or retrieving it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts