Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I pick up a carens 5 seat GS today.

I've been wondering, is it possible to install the 2 extra seats straight into it? (i understand I'll have to take the other flat bit out). Is it an easy job or even possible?

Cheers
Phil.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Phil
The V5 will say the seating capacity is 5 seats, carry more than that in the car and you are breaking the law. If it is possible to add the extra 2 seatsand seat belts you will have to get the car inspected by I guess the DVLAand details on the V5 changed. The insurance company will also need to be informed that the car is now a 7 seater not a 5 seater and since this is a modification they will probably charge you more.
Why not buy a 7 seater in the first place if you need 7 seats.

Paul

·
Registered
207 Posts
No, it's not possible to change! Besides all the good info Paul has given, the centre seats are different on the seven seater. They have a sliding mechanism to adjust them forwards/backwards plus of course a tip function so you can get into the rear seats.

As Paul says, if you want 7 seats why not buy one in the first place?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Ahhh yes, the V5 document. Slight oversight on my part .... logical when you sit and think about it for more than 5 seconds ;-)

P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.