Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Bought a two year service plan for my car. Upon booking the service, i realise that car wash and vac is not included and one has to pay a tenner for this. Is this normal with Kia's service plan and dealers. With my past car service plan (VW) , these were included and the dealer would collect and deliver the car for services and MOTs. I could also not see the option for collection and delivery for servicing. This is for Kia's Oxford dealer.
Thanks,
Solar

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Bought a two year service plan for my car.
You haven't said whether this plan is a KIA offering or a dealer-specific version. I am only familiar with the former of those and I can tell you that my local dealer has performed a wash and vac job on the car each time it has been in for service.

If my local dealer did not offer that level of customer service, I would be looking at changing to another KIA dealer, being as my servicing needs are a once-yearly affair. It wouldn't trouble me to drive a considerable distance further on that annual pilgrimage to get the kind of service I have come to expect from KIA.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've tried three local (ish) garages and all of them have washed my car, to some degree after a service.

None were service plan, all booked direct at the time and there was no discussion of a valet when booking nor a charge at the end. I wouldn't say I was impressed with any of the washes but there has always been evidence that someone has given it a go.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Brayleys Oxford? Kia or Brayley service plan?
We have two Kia's both are on Kia service plan, have always been returned washed & vac at service time. :) I usually wait so no idea if they charge for collection & delivery, maybe things have changed (covid) since I was last there. (Nov 20)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. @Indalo , I bought the plan on Kia's website and it is run by eMac. After buying the plan, I can select where I want the car to be serviced. I picked Oxford as it is the nearest one for me. When I booked for the service, there was no option to select Free wash and vac, and to include that I had to pay £10 in the booking. Strangely VW service plan was also run by eMac. It is my first Kia car and it will be first service experience so I might look for another dealer for the next service as you said.

@vengablue, it is indeed Brayleys Oxford. Like you, I am also going to wait there while they service the car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wouldn't pay for the wash and vac as every dealer I've been to will do this as standard.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Car always jet washed and vacuumed by my Kia dealer for free, sounds like poor customer service by your chosen dealer.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,416 Posts
I always ask my dealer not to wash my car. They wash it but don't dry it, leaving water marks on the paintwork. They still give the interior a vac, which I don't mind. I certainly don't pay for it.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Well wash & Vac is not mentioned in the Service book... 😂

Personally I would rather they do not. Thankfully Covid stopped the valeting.

Covid has also knocked many of the options dealers used to give such as Pickup/drop off, or temp cars. Should see them start to come back once some sort of normality returns.

Reactions: KIA Sportage 2 2016

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
that is definitely one option i do not use, wash `n vac, i`d rather they used the allocated service time you are paying for spent on mechanical/electrical servicing, not valeting,

I had this argument with my local dealer a few years back, when i went in to collect it after it`s first service they said they didn`t have time to update my satnav maps, and i would have to rebook it in for a later date, yet my car was parked outside after being washed and vacuumed out, something I didn`t even know about that they were going to do! still had time for that i said!!

I must add, this was in the time when the sat nav update was free (or was it included in the service price..who knows!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts