Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my car broke down all lights started flashing and it was unlocking and locking itself when no keys were in ignition we ended up having to disconnect battery so we could secure it. Any ideas what causes it?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't know but my juess is the Immobiliser, thinks the car been stolen.
There is a small coil that goes around the Ignition Barrel that reads the Key Fob to disable the Immobiliser, this coil is a known issue but very easy to replace. I read online that some folks believe that its not actually the coil that is the issue rather the connector that goes to the coil ( also in the Ignition area) that goes high resistance causing a poor connection.

Also Top Tip. Avoid Magnets on your keys ( Magnets that keep the shopping trolley token) as it will not add to the performance of the Immobilizer reading from your key fob.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just guessing here from a previous issue, I would get someone to have a look at the drivers door lock / switch assembly possibly the switch has failed in the locked position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We disconnected battery and when reconnected it seems to have stopped the issue for now but looks like too many problems to fix 😔

·
Registered
82 Posts
We disconnected battery and when reconnected it seems to have stopped the issue for now but looks like too many problems to fix 😔
Normally it one of the door not not shutting properly it will causes it or one or more mechanism starting cease up. Check the door put abit grease on the door catch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts