Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Our Piccy Turbo is going in on Weds morning for a bit of a looking-at. The indicator stalk became stiff and the indicators sometimes would not cancel. When in this condition, the stalk would go all loose and floppy so I couldn't cancel the indicator manually. It would eventually cancel, but it was very dangerous to drive like that.
This started during the very cold spell of weather a couple of weeks ago, and of course the car was getting very little use as well. So I'm thinking it may just be the grease that has solidified a bit and is goo-ing up the mechanism.
Will report back....

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Well they've investigated and ordered a new stalk. I'm not convinced, it feels more like the internal mechanism to me. But the car is booked back in for next Wednesday so we'll see.

Registered
Bet the steering wheel is off centre afterwards. Be sure to point out beforehand how it's straight just now!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, so when he says 'stalk' he means the whole assembly, I see. Yup, I've already thought about the steering wheel!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Well that was nice & quick! Took the car in at 8:30 this morning and by ten we had a phone call to go and collect it. All done, now working perfectly and of course all U/G. And the steeing wheel is dead centre!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts