Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen you can buy a complete car entertainment system with say 7-9" DVD player & GPS/Sat Nav

Does anyone have any expereinceusingone of these, my worry is the Sat Nav may not be as good as a stand alone SatNav ? any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Simple Garmin or similar Sat-Navs cost £100 or even less, mine is great and after years of avoiding thamwas well worth the money. Guys at work with expensive fitted Sat-Navs generally consider them a waste of money and use a stand alone one instead that can be simply replaced instead of expensively updated. No idea about DVD players but I thought you could only have them in the rear seats.
Paul

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Paul, yep I thought as much not point in spending £100's on a Car entertainment systemwithGPS/Sta Navif the Sat Nav part is not much good, we are after a new Sat Nav and was thinking of a complete unitfrom what ive seen on the net you can get ones that have DVD players as well. Oh well I may just go back to a stand alone Sat Nav & keep my current sound system.
Cheers

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had a alpine DVD headunit with sat nav and reverse parking cam tv etc and are the dogs bollocks
They look better and are much clearer on big screen and voice commands are better too and I would highly recommend but you will need deep pockets my set me back £1500 in total but was great for my subwoofers too :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya Dano, yep thats a lot to spend on a unit Im only looking at around £300, so I guess you onlyget what you pay for.
cheers

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi kojack is it a single din headunit or double din your looking for ? There are great deals around at the moment and the ripspeed halfords ones are not too bad but single din and Sony have nice double din ones which are quite reasonable too , the only reason I had alpine was because all my equipment had to Match sad really

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm single or double din, how can I find out or do I have to pull the unit out, Im guessing the din is the bit that the speakers & power plug into ?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sorry for technical word :(
Din is the height of the headunit you can measure it with the headunit in without removing single din is about 2" at a wild guess and double din is twice the size .
Depending what you've got I can find best one for money :D.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The radio head unit in the Ceed is neither single or double DIN as far as I am aware, its a unique fit for the car with a seperate display. You will probably need a special adaptor to fit aftemarket units plus don't forget to tell your insurance company, its a modification and you won't be covered if they don't know.
Paul

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I'll prob look into it now after the Holidays, I did see a another cee'd on one of the forums with a DVD/Sat Nav so there must be adapters out there.Cheers
Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts