Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from dealer today, been there since 26th Dec. Paid out £900.00 for parts, time and £175vat. Handed over cash at 10.30 am on way home smoke out of rear, bang, whoosh, weeerrrr and the turbo blew up. (Looked like the apperance of the Gennie in Aladin). Luckily the turbo stopped and did not continue to fire itself off the engine oil and take the front off the car. Was thinking of bailing out on to hard shoulder as car was moving.!Carried home.Glad I pay £67 pa for full breakdown cover, been carried home 5 times since April.
Been on to Sedona Gary, turbo delivered £145 ish. I can do work my self from doing the HGetc this year. To date from April 2011 car been on road working for 2 -3 months. Will do turbo and then see whats next. Couldn't even change radio chanells before this car look at me now...On top of the world Ma !.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
702 Posts
stevegx said:
Back from dealer today, been there since 26th Dec. Paid out £900.00 for parts, time and £175vat. Handed over cash at 10.30 am on way home smoke out of rear, bang, whoosh, weeerrrr and the turbo blew up. (Looked like the apperance of the Gennie in Aladin). Luckily the turbo stopped and did not continue to fire itself off the engine oil and take the front off the car. Was thinking of bailing out on to hard shoulder as car was moving.!Carried home.Glad I pay £67 pa for full breakdown cover, been carried home 5 times since April.
Been on to Sedona Gary, turbo delivered £145 ish. I can do work my self from doing the HGetc this year. To date from April 2011 car been on road working for 2 -3 months. Will do turbo and then see whats next. Couldn't even change radio chanells before this car look at me now...On top of the world Ma !.
Steve Gx Blackpool
I feel for you mate with the problems you've had since buying it. Buy a lottery ticket your luck is bound to change sometime soon. After changing the cylinder head/engine the turbo will be easy 8 bolts/nuts a couple of pipes and bobs your uncle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to here your misfortune.But this is the way it goes with motors.I have a ZT to and I think its cursed its just one disaster after another.Just one of those cars.But it keeps us out of mischief and broke

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bruno1926 said:
stevegx said:
Steve Gx Blackpool
I feel for you mate with the problems you've had since buying it. Buy a lottery ticket your luck is bound to change sometime soon. After changing the cylinder head/engine the turbo will be easy 8 bolts/nuts a couple of pipes and bobs your uncle.
Won lottery weds dada...£10.

Steve Gx Blackpool..Oh nail in tyre now.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turbo off. Replacment from Sedona Gary £143.97 inc postage. Others on ebay 'well dear'.
Will refurb starter whilst there.
Steve Gx Blackpool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts