Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My wifes Kia Sorento which we purchased in 2015 (last of the old models) has these past couple of weeks started to give me some grief with the car alarm.

It keeps going off shortly after she's arrived at her destination. She gets out locks doors and a minute or so the alarm is sounding. Sometimes unlocking and then locking will resolve the issue first time, alarm won't trigger again until the car is driven once more. Other times, the alarm may trigger up to 3 times, each time locking and unlocking, waiting a min or so, alarm sounds, and rinse and repeat until alarm is triggered no more.

I have recently installed an after market TPMS system in the car, which uses bluetooth to report tyre pressures. I already have the exact same one on my Hyundai i30 car and never had any issues with it affecting the alarm. Trying to eliminate potential causes I removed the TPMS receiver part from my wifes car, but it did not fix the issue. I did however leave the sensors on the tyres, so not removed everything, so that is something else I could try, but I still can't believe that is what is triggering it via some interference.

I also sprayed some insect killer around the cars sonic sensors, and even some electronic cleaning spray but again has had no impact.

I have also tried disabling the car alarm sensor by pressing the off button on the right of the steering wheel before stepping out and locking the doors. The light comes on when you press the button to indicate it is off. However this doesn't stop the alarm being triggered either.

I've visually checked all the push button type sensors on the side doors and bonnet, they look fine, push in an out on a spring quite easily. I couldn't find any push button type sensor on the boot, perhaps integrated into lock, not sure.

I also used my ELM 327 device to see if any error codes being reported by the car but nothing showed up, so I am at a bit of a loss to work out the next steps.

Any ideas you helpful people?

Cheers
S.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to let people now I left the bonnet open for a couple of hours with the assumption some water might have got in somewhere, to aid it drying out.

Since I've done that all now appears fine, no more false alarms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts