Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My drivers door will not open from the outside or inside and the advice on the forums does not work for this problem.

I have managed to find a solution now and have tried to post how I solved my door lock problem on the Kia Ceed section but it says I can't post probably because I'm new.

So what do you have to do to post this solution as it would benefit others if they ever have this problem. I.e. how many post do I need to write, etc?

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
You certainly can post - you just have. Are you trying to add to a locked thread perhaps?

Anywayit would be better if you post in the "How to Guides" section with a good descriptive title. Thanks for doing this as it will help others

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Moved to Ceed section.

Being new has no effect on your posting in the sections.

Reactions: Timbc2

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You certainly can post - you just have. Are you trying to add to a locked thread perhaps?

Anywayit would be better if you post in the "How to Guides" section with a good descriptive title. Thanks for doing this as it will help others
Moved to Ceed section.

Being new has no effect on your posting in the sections.

Hi cheers, I was trying to post in the general Ceed section not year specific but it came up saying insufficient privileges. I'll have another look. I won't stick in the how to as I havn't written it as a step by step how to. I could do but not sure when I will get around to doing that. Cheers for the replies (y)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Seems to be a reasonably common problem.
How did you fix it?
Someone recently cut a hole in the inside of the Door with an Angle Grinder to get to the Lock so they could replace it.

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Answer below

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Answer below

When I look at the Cee'd 2006-2012 section it isn't showing on the list of threads but when I click on your link it shows for me personally but it say's it is awaiting approval before being displayed publicly.

Seems to be a reasonably common problem.
How did you fix it?
Someone recently cut a hole in the inside of the Door with an Angle Grinder to get to the Lock so they could replace it.
Hi mcsport, you can avoid cutting a hole in the inside panel by removing the glass, which is fairly straightforward once the door card is off, and smashing the lock from above, taking care not to break the white plastic bracket. The fiddly bit is removing the door card to access the window glass bolts, as you need to access a screw on the end of the door trim and there isn't much room to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts