Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have been in an accident and insurance company needs vin number. I have looked all over but can not find vin number anywhere. Where is it located?

Thanks

I have a kia rio 66 plate

·
Registered
233 Posts
Door plate..bulkhead plate and even stamped sometimes on the floor pan under drivers seat..have even seen them on the dash on passengers side and can see those from the corner of the windscreen from outside the car..

·
Registered
374 Posts
All cars have a visible VIN but if they have been stolen and given cloned plates the number will have been removed.

But your V5C registration document will have the VIN on (I think) the 2nd page.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
VINs are usually visible from the outside at the bottom edge of the windscreen on passenger side. There is sometimes a little window in the black windscreen surround. Also as Back again noted, it is recorded on teh V5 - and on the sales reciept.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Kia Rio VIN plate can be found on the offside of the bulkhead on a silver metal plate held by two black rivets. The number is embossed and displays no security marks. Kia Rio chassis number is stamped into the chassis underneath the drivers offside seat.

Most cars now have them on the bottom edge of the dash. Daughters previous Picanto did 16 plate.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found it kind off.. Under drivers seat.. Bloody hard to read though.. Not had first mot yet oh actually after reading this.. Could be chassis number I'm seeing.. Still can't bloody find it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts